Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Viashino Firstblade


Viashino Firstblade
oil on paper on board, 12" x 16"
©Wizards of the Coast

Here's the second of my cards for Dragon's Maze to be revealed. I enjoy anytime I get to indulge myself in the details of armor. I love figuring out how it would fit together on a dynamically posed figure. How it mirrors its surroundings, the rivets, the fluting, the gilded and embossed decorations. This was also the first piece where I got to use my newly acquired gauntlets. 


3 comments:

  1. I love this, you did a first rate job! lighting ,story and color all come together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun piece. Your love of armor really shows in this one. Love the gold trim patterns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really solid stuff. I love the palette.

    ReplyDelete